Democrat Tom Harkin and Republican Christopher Reed answered a series of questions about national issues. Many questions his on other topics, but Homeland Security-related questions include:
- Would you vote for a defense or supplemental appropriations bill that includes a fixed timeline for withdrawal from Iraq?
- Should the government be allowed to monitor electronic communications in the interest of homeland security without first obtaining court approval?
- Would you support additional federal money for the construction of a border fence with Mexico?
- Would you support a plan under which those immigrants in the United States who do not have legal status eventually could become citizens?
- Should there be any additional federal restrictions on the purchase or possession of firearms?
For the answers and questions on other topics, read the Full article.